Albanian Local Capacity Development Foundation is implementing the project “Leveraging the capacities of CSO-s in the North of Albania”, the so called “Eco-Nord” project, financed from European Union Delegation in Albania. This project is funder under Civil Society Facility – Civic Initiative and Capacity Building component (part of IPA 2013).
The goal of the project is to strengthen the technical, administrative and financial capacity of CSOs in northern Albania regions (Diber, Kukes, Lezhe, and Shkoder regions) with a goal of positively impacting Albania’s SAA obligations.
The main results of the project are:
- i) CSOs in the North of Albania have raised their administrative, financial and technical capacities (based on reports by stakeholders and organizational assessments), through mentoring, training, coaching, and knowledge sharing;
- ii) CSOs in the North of Albania have increased involvement in advisory, decision making, networking, advocacy and lobbying activities for biodiversity issues at the local, regional and national levels;
- iii) The “Local Initiative Fund” is established, promoted, and managed in a transparent and accountable manner and at least 70% of the EU funding goes directly to CSOs implementing environmental and biodiversity projects;
- iv) CSOs in the North of Albania implement responsive and accountable projects that have an impact on environmental issues as prioritized and mandated by the program with funding from the “Local Initiative Fund” established by the action;
- v) Knowledge and experience are capitalized/ institutionalized and shared via publications, webpage and conferences at the regional and national levels.